Tuesday 31 December 2013

New Year's Eve Nail Art

Why hello there! Today I have a visual treat in the form of nail art.

So in light of it being New Year's Eve, I felt it necessary to paint my nails to honor that (in reality it was just another excuse to paint them).

Just to state the obvious, my nails are disgusting. They're short, untidy and this is actually a little on the messy side.

Please ignore the strange hand position;)

I thought they looked a bit like abstract fireworks. 
Base colour: CoverGirl NailSlicks in Whirlpool.
Dots: Barry M Gelly Hi Shine in Prickly Pear and Blueberry
I also used two unnamed colours. 
Before I did any colour, I used. Maybelline Express Manicure Growth Serum to strengthen my nails.
I achieved this design through the use of a dotting tool. If you don't have a dotting tool, you could just use the end of a bobby pin, or a toothpick. All you have to do is add lots of dots in different colours that overlap each other. 
This is the finished design:






Happy New Year Everyone! 

Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment