Saturday 15 March 2014

Rune Nail Art

Why hello there! What is this? Two posts in a week? Wow. Today I have some bookish nail art for you. Yes, you have to bear with my mega gross nails. Ew.
Anyway, today's nail art is based on a book series. Yay for books! This book series is The Mortal Instruments. I was inspired by the runes that the Shadowhunters mark themselves with.

Ta-da!


On my thumb is the Iratze- the healing rune. The index finger has the Love rune, just the wrong way round😕 my middle finger has the rune for Clairvoyant Sight, allowing Shadowhunters to see through glamours. My ring finger has my favourite rune on- the fearless rune! My little finger has the rune for Gift/Talent. 

For the nails I use just three items. 
First, I used a base coat of Sally Hansen Growth Serum. I then went straight on to the colour, which is China Glaze Toungue 'N' Chic. It's currently my favourite nail polish, and the camera really doesn't do it justice; it's a gorgeous dark teal, leaning towards green with a very subtle glitter. 
Finally, I went straight onto drawing the runes, which I did with the Barry M Nail Art Pen in White. I love these pens as they are so much easier to use than normal nail art pens, and it's just like using an actual pen. I would definitely reccomend them. 

So that's the nail art from me. I hope you enjoyed this slightly different post! 
Until next time!










No comments:

Post a Comment